Chinese New Year is TODAY.
Some Traditional Golden Rules for TODAY:
On New Year’s Day…
- Do not lend any money, otherwise you’ll be lending all year.
- Do not use foul language or unlucky words, like the word ‘four” which is the word for death, don’t talk about death or ghosts on this day.
- Do not reference the past year or things in the past, only speak of the coming year.
- Wear new clothes or shoes, especially bright red.
- Eat candy in the morning for luck and also fish and chicken during the day.
- Don’t wash your hair.
- Do not cry on New Year’s Day or you will cry throughout the whole year.
- Don’t sweep the floor.
- Don’t greet people who are in mourning.
- Don’t drop your chopsticks.
- Do not use knives or scissors.
- The first person you meet or first words heard are indicative of the setting of the whole year.
Chinese New Year begins February 16, 2018, TODAY. This ushers in the Year of the Yellow Dog. The elements are Yang Earth over Earth, which will bring much more stability with a few notable exceptions. Overall people will be calmer and more relaxed. The themes this year are Justice, Loyalty, Generosity and Assimilation. Join me as we explore what’s coming, how to prepare and learn how it will affect you!
Year of the Dog – Chinese New Year Talk
Sat, February 17, 2018 from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST
1119 Pacific Avenue, Suite 300 (3rd floor), Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Fun Tip #1
Every year has a zodiac animal… Western horoscopes include 12 zodiacs, one for each month and there are 12 Chinese zodiacs as well, but the animal is for the entire year.
2018 is the year of the dog. Some of the animals (such as Rat, Snake, Dog and Pig) aren’t normally well-liked in Chinese culture. But as a zodiac, their positive traits are bestowed on people born that year. They play a much bigger role than in Western cultures. Your animal can decide your career, health and relationship success. Come to my talk to learn more about YOU.