Micron Computer glasses – block blue light, Anti-glare, minimize digital eye strain – Prevent headaches, reduce eye fatigue and sleep better
Regular price $49.99
Gunnar introduces the 24K collection. A top shelf eyewear compilation with upgraded frame materials and bench-made gold accents including hinges and badging. Complete with a hand-applied gloss lacquer and polish to a jewel quality luster. This is the GUNNAR 24K Collection … for the person with exquisite taste.
- Wide format lenses create a panoramic viewing field for high resolution viewing
- Rigid lens mounting area keeps optics from degrading through lens flexing.Lenses contain a slight 0.20 magnification to reduce eyestrain while looking at digital devices at close distances.
- Multi-barrel hinges create rotational stability for long lasting fit
- Curved nose rests provide even weight distribution and eliminate pressure points
- Engineering grade injection polymers provide dimensional stability and long term durability
From the manufacturer
- Block Blue Light
- Prevent Eye Strain
- Reduce Headaches
- Sleep Better
GUNNAR Optiks is the only patented computer eyewear recommended by doctors
Protect and enhance your vision from digital eye strain and blue light
GUNNAR wearers report:
100% reported improved ease of viewing.
96% reported reduction in eye strain.
90% would recommend the use of GUNNAR eyewear.
80% reported their eyes were less tired when wearing GUNNARs.
79% said that wearing GUNNAR eyewear increased their productivity.
GUNNAR Computer glasses are designed to make your eyes not have to work so hard. Your eyes work hard all day and, spending hours in front of a digital device can be additionally hard on the eye muscles. GUNNAR’S exclusive design blocks blue light and reduces eyestrain while increasing contrast, protection, and focus. The result: improved clarity, comfort and performance.
How They Work
- Lens focusing power removes the eye muscle strain and keeps eyes feeling fresh
- Amber lenses filter high frequency blue light that can cause both short-term and long-term issues
- Frame and lens designs hold in humidity and reduce dry eyes and irritation to ease eye strain
- Amber lenses add contrast to help sharpen characters and shapes on your screen
- Anti-reflective lens coatings eliminate glare and visual distractions to the eye
Digital Eye Strain also called Computer Vision Syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer screen for extended periods of time. Symptoms can include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, fatigue, eye strain, dry eyes, irritated eyes, double vision, vertigo/dizziness, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes. These symptoms can be further aggravated by blue light exposure.
Blue light radiated from digital screens reaches deeper into the eye and its cumulative effect can cause damage to the retina and can cause the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Blue light has also been linked to cataracts and sleep disorders.
I recommend my patients take proactive measures to protect their vision from all the digital screens they look at. The easiest but most unrealistic solution is to stop or limit using digital devices. The realistic approach is to recommend or prescribe computer glasses to take that strain out of the eyes. Glasses with a slight amount of magnification to take the strain off the eyes along with anti glare and blue light tint to absorb the blue light emitted from electronics. -Dr Eric White O.D.
Blue light can cause:
- Age related macular degeneration
- Slower metabolism
- Disrupted melatonin levels